[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score NCCC NS Ladder 2/24/12

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score NCCC NS Ladder 2/24/12
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:00:21 -0500
                     NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 24

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   0      0
    80:  14     10
    40:  22     15
    20:   9      6
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  45     31  Total Score = 1,395

FT1000MP, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Everything checked out perfectly with a
few QSOs before the Ladder started.  Immediately after the start, a RF feedback
problem started and continued on all three bands that I worked. Could only run
20 to 40 watts without the rig locking up.  Heard what sounded like the same
thing from W1NN on 80M.  Sorry for those who got a carrier instead of dots and
dashes during part of the exchange. Finally gave up on computer keying and just
used the keyer.  Had the same problem, but it was easier to reduce power and
send elements again.  All three bands I worked sounded good.  No long skip on
80, but AA7V called me there.  Long skip on 20 and 40, but close in stations
were generally weak, but workable.  Thanks for all QSOs.  I had forgotten about
using N6ZFO's name as a "thanks and tribute" to Bill.  But, I want to thank Bill
for his fine work over all these years and hope that he will continue on with
his leadership.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/