[SECC] GQP from NQ4I

Subject: [SECC] GQP from NQ4I
From: knason00 at gmail.com (Kevan Nason)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 08:26:50 -0400
Had a great time at Ricks, NQ4I, operating as
K4HYB yesterday. I had not met any of the folks
from the SECC before and it was good to put
some faces to names. Everyone had fun and
there were a lot of smiles.  Rick is a GREAT host and
I didn?t feel any of the awkwardness that
sometimes crops up when you first meet
someone at their home/station.  I felt welcome
from the first minute I arrived.

I stood in awe below his aluminum trees.  That?s
the only way to describe the number of silver
branches growing 180 ft up from his yard. And
although we only scratched at the surface of
stations capabilities while inside the shack, his
Orion?s and amplifiers were a pleasure to use.

Thanks to all who worked us.

Rick did voice a complaint though.  He was
disappointed more of the membership didn?t
take him up on his offer to come work the contest.
I?m sure he will open it up again. If so, you should
try and find time to make the trip.  It?s worth it.

Kevan
N4XL