[SECC] GQP first day report from NE4S Rover ops.

Subject: [SECC] GQP first day report from NE4S Rover ops.
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 05:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
?Here is my "half time" review....

NE4S Rover:
Covered: Wilkes, Taliaferro, Warren, McDuffie, Glascock, Jefferson, Johnson,
Hancock, Newton, Morgan.
Missed: Washington, Rockdale, Walton.
There was other coverage planned in Wash, Rock, and I saw a spot for Walt.

Did anyone see any action from Wash, Rock, Fayette, or Heard.
These are my Sunday targets.?
Wife is ill, ( severe allergies ) and I want to keep things as short as
possible today, so if anyone covered or heard coverage on these 4, punch up a
note please.

Here is a note on the activity.
My route was 270 miles starting at the far end and working back to Marietta.
I do not operate when driving, about 5.5 hours were driving.
Below is a view of the NE4S?cw action on 20/40

Miles 270
MPH 55
Hrs 4.909091
Stop Time 0.5
Total time 10
Net Op time 4.590909
Qs 369
Rate 80.37624

I run at 24 wpm, and always send my call after a Q.
But 80/hr is pretty good for overall operating time.
The real fast ops are up around 30+wpm and do not always put the call in each Q.
This means that much of the day, the good ops can get 100+ Qs/Hr on a long time
average.
The bands were buzzing!

Misc...
The amp key line is not working... LP only.
ZZI and ZGB are easy to mix up on CW...? when both are strong and calling.
NO5W has a good high speed cw tail end technique.
SSU in Barrow was strong, had big pile ups.
Camden was very active... good going.
Newborn is a very nice town to stop in.
No filling stations in Shady Dale.
W3DYA called, rover to rover.
Boled P-Nuts are still out there for snacks, but have gone gormet with a
"Cajun" variety.

I will start today in Heard, and work my way back through those I missed on Sat.

I think Norm has a "Big One" going.

Lets keep it going today.

Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.