[SECC] self spotting fiasco

Subject: [SECC] self spotting fiasco
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:08:37 -0400
I am also opposed to adding DX countries as multipliers.  That would add
a possible 300 or so countries (not practically, but maybe 100) per mode
for GA stations. I have seen DXers in a QSO party state calling for DX
only and refusing to work other stateside stations when the DX counts as
mults.  Some states allow one multiplier for working any DX station.  I
would not oppose adding that one multiplier for "DX" per mode.  However,
this change will require all the software writers to change their
modules for GQP and I'd not make that change lightly.  Also, the log
checking software would have to be modified.  Those considerations need
to be considered with any change to the contest being propose other than
removing allowed bands or changing the hours of the contest.

73, John, K4BAI.