[SECC] Icom IC-7700 FOR SALE

Subject: [SECC] Icom IC-7700 FOR SALE
From: aldermant at windstream.net (Tommy Alderman)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:28:23 -0400
After some 60 years in this hobby, I have (somehow {:>)) collected too many
radios and am therefore starting to get rid of most of them. Today I have an
Icom IC-7700 for sale for $4500, with pickup preferred.

I purchased this radio in December 2009 and think it is really a great
radio. The ONLY problem I have with it is because of the up-conversion
receiver design scheme, more narrow 'roofing' filters cannot be installed.
Fortunately the receiver front end is very strong and can easily handle
strong signal conditions of contesting. While I am primarily a CW operator,
this radio is very easy to operate in SSB and the digital modes, especially
FSK RTTY. I have never had ANY technical problems with this IC-7700,
specifically with the final amp transistors nor the tuning encoder. In my
opinion, the full QSK is the fastest and the smoothest that I have used,
better than the old Corsair II and the IC-781. This radio is in immaculate
condition, with no scratches, dents, or dings anywhere on it. I have not
used this rig in the past year because I have acquiesced to using a K3.

I am listing this IC-7700 in Georgia/Alabama first because I prefer that it
be picked up at my QTH (about 12 miles north of Valdosta). I have the
original shipping boxes and most all of the original accessories that came
with the IC-7700.  The sale includes all of the cables I have made (for FSK
RTTY, etc.) plus the Icom CT-17 CI-V interface. The original manual is in
excellent condition and I have the Nifty-Mini Manual for the IC-7700 that is
included.

My QTH is located two miles east of I-75 Exit 32. Interested parties can
reach me by telephone at 229-896-4539 (if no answer leave your information
and I will return your call). This radio will be for sale via this email for
two weeks and then it goes, as is, to eHam listing.

Thanks and 73,

Tom - W4BQF

Email:  w4bqf at arrl.net