[SECC] FL QSO Party This Week End

Subject: [SECC] FL QSO Party This Week End
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:20:29 -0400
Hello all:

It is 8:15 AM Saturday and I am QRX for Jeff, KU8E, to pick me up for
our trip to FL for the FQP.  Jeff has wired up power and coax in one of
my Buicks and we plan to be QRV as W4AN/M in many north FL counties
tomorrow and Sunday.  May possibly work some SSB if CW rates slow, but
CW will be the main emphasis.  We have a list of 16 CW mobiles expected
to be QRV and others will be on SSB.  Many of the CW mobiles will be
mixed mode.  FL always turns out a lot of home stations too and they are
celebrating an anniversary this year with many one by one stations on
and you can try to spell out FLORIDA QSO PARTY with the one by one
suffixes.  Band conditions should be fairly good with the improved sun
spot numbers.  Unfortunately, the FQP does not include 80M, so from
GA/AL the major emphasis should be on 40M.  But, we also get good skip
from here into Southern FL on 20 and often on 15.  We could get some eS
on 10M into FL as well.  The eS season is just beginning.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lot of FL QSOs.

73, John, K4BAI.