[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NAQP CW, August 2012

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NAQP CW, August 2012
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 14:43:18 -0400
                     North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:44

   160:    8     7
    80:   54    25
    40:  150    45
    20:   21    11
    15:    0     0
    10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  233    88  Total Score = 20,504

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, tee vertical.  Our flight from
Santa Fe to Atlanta on Saturday was delayed due to bad weather in the flight
path (around DFW).  We had to return to the gate for more fuel before taking an
alternate route.  So, we were very late arriving in Atlanta.  Got on the air for
the end of the contest. Was surprised to find 20M wide open to most of the
country at 0315Z.  Of course, there wasn't a lot of activity left there, but a
lot more than I had expected.  40M seemed pretty good with little skip zone,
but a lot of signals were weak and I didn't seem strong.  Despite being "new
meat" on the band, I couldn't get a good run going.  Most of my operating was
S&P with attempts at runs. 80 and 160M had high QRN.  We had come through rain
storms between Atlanta and home.  But, it seemed to affect others worse than it
affected receiving here as many loud stations on 160M simply couldn't hear me
calling.  80M was OK and it was surprisingly easy to work the west coast, but
QRN still took out the weaker stations.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/