[SECC] Bill - K4WSW - question post CQWW

Subject: [SECC] Bill - K4WSW - question post CQWW
From: bill-weathers at comcast.net (Bill Weathers)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:09:11 -0400
Hello, I am a recent new member; thanks for your
patience.

I had an improved CQWW year over year, last year :
2011 105 QSO, ~26K pts; 2012 154 QSO, ~86K pts (26
zones, 77 entities) Single op unassisted low power

Question pertaining to band plan compliance.
I heard operators on 40M saying they were split,
with the listening frequency down in the data
segment below 7.125Mhz. (i.e.  Op is on 7.154,
listening 7.038)
Is this practice acceptable?  40M is the only band
I heard this on, however was confused and didn't
work those stations.

Can someone help me understand this approach and
if acceptable or point me to the answer if asked
previously by a "newb" like myself?

Thank you in advance, have a great day.

Bill  K4WSW
678.296.6919