[SECC] Announcement: CW SS This Weekend With New Ontario Sections

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: CW SS This Weekend With New Ontario Sections
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:18:12 -0400

With ARRL CW Sweepstakes just days away, I am still getting questions
about the status of the new VE3 Sections.

1)      The Ontario section (ON) no longer exists. The new Sections are
Ontario North (ONN), Ontario South (ONS), Ontario East (ONE) and Greater
Toronto Area (GTA).

2)      Maps and guides for the new Ontario sections are available at
http://www.arrl.org/sweepstakes  in the "At A Glance" area, courtesy of
Radio Amateurs of Canada.

3)      Contest Club Ontario has published a web page showing what
stations will be active from each VE3 section. You can find it at
http://www.va3cco.com/ccoinss.htm

4)      Make sure your logging software has been updated and contains
the new VE3 sections. DO THIS NOW. Do not wait until just before the
contest to upgrade to the latest version, especially the CTY or other
files your software uses to determine sections and their abbreviations.

5)      QSOs logged with a section of "VE3" or "ON" will be counted for
QSO credit but will not count for section credit.

Let's have some fun. I hope to work you this weekend.

CQ SS!

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X

Contest Branch Manager

ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio

225 Main St.

Newington, CT 06111

860-594-0232

skutzko at arrl.org