[SECC] Announcement: CWT Mini Tests Wednesday - New Awards Available

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: CWT Mini Tests Wednesday - New Awards Available
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:51:41 -0500

Happy New Year CW operators!

As the new CWops Test manager, I want to thank outgoing CWT manager Joe,
KC0VKN who has kept us on a steady course since the beginning. Thank you
Joe.

The first CWops Tests of the year are this week. See
http://www.cwops.org/onair.html for details. You don't need to be a
CWops member to join the fun.

For 2013, we will present awards for CWT participation. You earn one
point for each CWT session in which you make ten or more contacts. You
don't have to be a CWops member to earn points, but you must be a member
at the end of the year when the awards are presented. To earn a Gold
award, you need 60 points, Silver, 40, and Bronze 24. Stay tuned for
details on the awards which will be very nice. This will be an ongoing
program, but a first-year 2013 award will be very special. Our objective
is to encourage CWT participation--you don't have to be competitive to
earn points, just active.

CW fans, we named the CWops Test a test, not a contest. CWTs offer
something for everyone. You can get on and make a few contacts with
fellow CW enthusiasts. You can get on and extend a friendly welcome to
nonmembers trying a CWT for the first time. Or, if inclined, you can wet
your competitive juices and try for a high score. Or all of the above,
all in one session.

See you in CWT Wednesday/Thursday at 1300Z, 1900Z, and 0300Z.

The first rule of CW operating is to have fun and to share the fun.

CW Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light

__._,_.___
Topic
Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

     New Members 1
     New Photos 3

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest ? Unsubscribe ? Terms of Use ? Send
us Feedback
.