[SECC] CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - KT4ZB

Subject: [SECC] CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - KT4ZB
From: Kt4zb at aol.com (Kt4zb at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:04:39 -0400 (EDT)

_CQWW WPX  Contest, SSB_
(http://www.3830scores.com/listeditions.php?arg=b5cm5z6fgaq4)    2014  Mar 29
_Claimed  Score_
(http://www.3830scores.com/editionscores.php?arg=b5cm5z6fgaq4)
Call: _KT4ZB_ (http://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KT4ZB)
Operator(s): _KT4ZB_ (http://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KT4ZB)
Station: KT4ZB
Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH:  Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Location: USA    Summary:  _Compare  Scores_
(http://www.3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=b5cm5z6fgaq4&call=KT4ZB)
Band QSOs  160:   80: 29  40:
192  20: 406  15: 415  10: 515  Total: 1557 Prefixes 826 Total Score
3,267,656
Club:  South East Contest Club    Comments:     _[email]_
(mailto:kt4zb at aol.com)      2014-03-31  09:04:10  It doesn't get any better
than this!

All my  WPX records were obliterated! - WOW - At first I thought,  I'm
starting to get the hang of this contesting thing. But soon  realized that
propagation is the controlling factor vs. my operating  skills. The only
real
goal I had made was to improve running at low  power in this contest and
increasing the number of prefixes. That goal  was achieved by making over
400
Q's during some amazing runs to Europe  and Asia. The runs harvested many
new
prefixes including ones from  Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Japan and
India. My previous best  prefix total was 655, so the new total of 826 was
over
the top. In  summary, the runs resulted in more contacts (1557 vs 1229) and
my
first  score over 3M in any contest.

Another indicator of how  good the conditions were, is that the station felt
strong much of the  time. I was able to break many of the pile-ups, both to
Asia and  Europe, and received many comments of a booming signal. The DX was
very  good with Gabon, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, China (10 contacts),
India,
Israel, Indonesia, Saudi, Turkey, Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia,  Kiribati
some
nifty UA's and UN's and working 68 JA's from Southeast  Georgia adding to
the
fun of low power contesting. Missed the T88, JT  and several others. 20m
Saturday night was amazing.

WPX is probably my  favorite contest and the score is a best for this
station.
Thanks to everyone for  hearing me and working to get my exchange. Lots of
QRM
on 15m and 20m,  so I know there will be busted contacts. Also, thanks to CQ
and the  contest committee for all their work.

Best - Jere

FT 1000-MP MK-V Field,  TH6-DXX, dipoles in the trees and  N1MM.