[SECC] FL QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] FL QSO Party
From: k4bai at att.net (John T Laney III)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 10:41:52 -0400
OK.  Jeff, I, and Jeff''s son Andrew spent last night in Valdosta GA and
are now 90 minutes from the 12 noon EDT start time of FQP.  Everything
seems to be working well.  We will probably start with resonators for
20, 15, and 10M.  If, as expected, 10M isn't productive, we will change
the 10 to 40M resonator at the first stop.  We plan to be CW only.  Look
for us around or near the suggested FQP frequencies for mobiles (the
mobile window).  There will be many other mobiles and fixed stations
QRV.  Even from GA and AL, you should be able to work the stations in
South FL on 20 and 15.  The skip often shotens in the late afternoon and
you may be able to work No FL stations also.

Our proposed route is on the FQP website.  We will start on I-75 south
of Valdosta, go down to Orlando area and come back up to Jacksonville
Saturday night.  Sunday, we will fill in some and end up near the GA or
AL line at the 6 PM finish time.  There is always a lot of activity on
phone too since mults count once per mode.  I don't think we have a
microphone.  But look for others, including some mobiles, on SSB too.

Good luck to all.  73, John, K4BAI.