[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS Ladder, 5/30/14

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS Ladder, 5/30/14
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:10:34 -0400
Note to SECC members:  Don't be concerned that I am abandoning SECC.  I
am required to keep up my membership in GCG (and therefore to continue
to participate in multi op or guest op contests at WW4LL) to designate
five contests per year as for GCG.  This includes contests such as NS
ladder where there is no club aggregate score competition. So, that is
what I have done for this contest and will do so for at least three more
before June 30.

                     NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 30

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   3      3
    80:   0      0
    40:  16     14
    20:  17     12
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  36     29  Total Score = 1,044

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, tee vertical.  My 80M antenna failed Wednesday
night and I didn't get a temporary fix for it until Friday morning.  I could
have used the zepp for 80M in the NS, but it was disconnected due to lightning
storms in the area and that didn't occur to me in time to connect it up for the
NS.  So, I worked a bit of 160 instead of the usual 80M.  That is a good idea
for future NS ladder events, though.  If I have the zepp tuned for 80M, I can
have the 80M inverted vee set us as a tee verical on 160 and it will allow for
quick QSY between those two bands, which isn't possible when I am using the
same antenna for both bands.  So, a poor score, but a learning experience.
I'll have to ask KU8E for a bit of his time to permanently fix the 80M meter
antenna problem, which was that it had been entwined with the 40M antenna.
Can't figure out how that could have happened unless some recent yard workers
had taken down one end of one or both antennas and put them back up badly.
Bands seemed pretty good last night except that the west coast was pretty weak
on 40M (except for WA6URY).  160M was quiet and signals were surprisingly
strong.  But, most stations didn't appear on 160 until the last three minutes
or so.  Thanks for the QSOs.  Have a good weekend. Imagine, a weekend without a
contest. What shall we all do instead?  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/