[SECC] CQWW M/S LP Score - KT4ZB

Subject: [SECC] CQWW M/S LP Score - KT4ZB
From: kt4zb at aol.com (kt4zb at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:38:37 -0400
Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): K4WP KC2NYU KG4OZC KM4KFJ KT4ZB KW4B N4KKD N5GNA NY4D W4JKG
Station: KT4ZB
Class: M/S LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Location: USA

Band
QSOs
Zones
Countries

160:

80:

40:

20:

15:

10:

Total:
Total Score
1,561,896

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:     [email]     2015-10-26 08:35:47

I have the best Ham friends ever. The month before the contest they stripped
thetower, refurbished antennas and installed a new 40m 2 el monobander. As
a?reward?, I proposed hosting a Multi-Single LP entry with the goal ofbreaking
the existing W4 and US records. Little did my crew of ragchewers, DXchasers and
casual contesters realize that running a low power station 48 hoursin CQWW is a
true challenge, involving not only skill but determination.Everyone jumped to
transform the station layout into a M/S with RUN and MULTstations. The dual
feed Six-Pak switch at the tower gave both stations sixantennas each and we
added the 160m loop and K4WP?s portable 20m monobanderto the MULT station
giving us a total of 8 different antennas..   After a crash course in operating
the radios (my Elecraft friends have norespect for my old radios) and N1MM+,
they were ready to learn on the job. Kevin, KB4W and Paul, KC2NYU started the
evening with JA, KH6, KH7 and KH0?sin the RUN and the MULT working south. The
new beam worked well on 40m and madethe highest country count for the station.
The weekend was virtually all S&Pand it shows in the QSO count. Lowell, NY4D,
Bob, N5GNA, Ken, W4KJG and Steve,KG4OZC gave up sleep time to keep the station
going in the wee hours of thenight. Being on 20m at 1am was great; we worked
all those fluttery signals overthe pole including A71 and A73. One UA6 calling
CQ had a real problem with ourcall until he realized we were stateside. Chuck,
N4KKD worked hard on 80m andSteve, KG4OZC and Karl, KM4KFJ pitched in and
developed new radio skills. My DXbuddy Bill, K4WP put in several hours at both
stations as well as watching overthe stations equipment. Kevin, KW4B and Ken,
W4KJG closed out the contest withsome needed Asia double mults The MULT station
added S0S as our last contactfor DXCC on 20m. As for me, KT4ZB, I made only 160
contacts, my lowest QSOcount ever and I was accused of being a ?Helicopter?
parent..    All had fun chasing DX - Had a total of 30 JA contacts in the log
which in SEGeorgia is wonderful.  And  BY, VR2, HS, A71, A73, KH0, KH2, YB, TK,
C3, ZD7,VU, were nice additions to the total.     We accomplished our goal of
breaking the existing W4, US and NA record forthis category; but, most of all
everyone had fun and developed new operatingskills. The station worked well and
N1MM+ was rock solid. That and having anAll Star team made for a memorable
weekend.   Thanks to CQ and the CQWW committee for sponsoring this great
contest.  Andthanks to all the folks around the world whose contacts filled our
log. Best - JereFT1000MP Field and FT1000MP Mk V(100w), TH6DXX, A3S, XM240 for
40m, 40 and 80mdipoles, inverted L for 160m, 160m horizontal. loop, 20m
portable Yagi andN1MM+.