[SECC] Team Scores NA Sprint SSB April 2016

Subject: [SECC] Team Scores NA Sprint SSB April 2016
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 13:04:05 -0400
Congrats guys. When I posted my score this morning, the DFW team had not
yet had all five posted, and we were in #1 team place at that time.
Now, we are in #2 about 3K points behind DFW.  They were led by high
power, SO2R, expert sprinter K0EU.  Congrats to them.  But second place
is very good for our team and is a tribute that all five team members
were QRV full time and gave it our best efforts and posted the scores on
time.  If you haven't sent to the sponsor yet, please do that also since
there is a relatively short deadline for that.  Let's do it again and,
maybe next time, we can get some additional stations in our area to be
on teams #2 and #3 and that will make it more fun for everyone and the
scores will go up.

If you like this format and would like to practice it, try the Phone
Fray every Tuesday night from 0230Z until 0259Z (Wed UTC date).  This is
limited to 100W and has no QSY rule.  But, the exchange is just name and
state, and it is on 15, 20, 40, 80, and 160 SSB with mults counting per
band.  You can use the NAQP SSB module in N1MM or any other logging program.

If you like CW, you can practice, including the QSY rule, on Thursday
nights in the NCCC NS on 20, 40, 80, and 160.  15 is usually added in
the summer months. The QSY rule is just 1/1 kHz instead of 5/1 in the
real NA sprints.  Exchange is the same as the real sprints.  100W is
maximum power.  Mults are counted per band.  The module in N1MM to use
is called "SprintNS."  Time is the same as Tuesdays 0230-0259Z (Friday
UTC date).

Thanks again to all team members.  73, John, K4BAI.