[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS Sprint, 4/8/16

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS Sprint, 4/8/16
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 08:38:31 -0400
NCCC Sprint - Apr 8

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   2      2
    80:   9      9
    40:  15     11
    20:  13     10
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  39     32  Total Score = 1,248

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, tee vertical.  Got home from a dinner in
Atlanta about 0210Z.  Antennas, etc. were all disconnected after thunderstorms
Wed. night.  Tried to get everything set up for NS.  While doing that, I heard
N9NE in the end of the fox hunt season Fox Extravaganza on 40M and gave Todd a
quick QRP QSO.  Didn't have time to get the F keys set up in N1MM Plus, so used
the keyer instead.  Forgot to turn the power up from 5W to 100W and made no QSOs
the first minute until I figured out the problem.  20M was open nicely to the
west.  Also worked OH with KW8N and W8WTS on 20M.  That was the only band W8WTS
could hear me on and his signal was weakest on 20M.  Jim was strong, but
couldn't hear me on the other three bands.  I assume very high QRN on his end.
40M was good with a lot of activity.  80M was also good.  Very little QRN and
west coast signals were stronger than usual.  Only got to 160 for two QSOs, but
all signals heard there were strong.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Welcome back to
Dave, WN4AFP in SC.  Hope everyone will be able to be QRV some in the GA QSO
Party this Saturday and Sunday.  KU8E and I should be QRV as W4AN/M in many GA
counties and also some NPOTA counters.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/