[SECC] FL QP This Weekend

Subject: [SECC] FL QP This Weekend
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 23:29:08 -0400
Hello everyone:  This split/month weekend has one major contest, the
Florida QSO Party.  20 hours of blinding dots and dashes on CW and
southern drawls on SSB.  1600Z to 0200Z on Saturday and 1200Z to 2200Z
on Sunday.  You can easily work all counties on CW and maybe also on
SSB.  Lot of mobile will be QRV on CW and some on SSB. There will be six
one-by-one stations, W, K, and N4 S U and N. Work at least one for each
letter and receive special recognition. Activity is on 40 through 10M CW
and Phone.  No 80 meters.

The skip zones have been fairly short lately.  This morning about 9 AM
from Columbus GA on 20M I had a fine QSO with NX4N/M in FL who will be
QRV as a M/M both modes again this year.  Our group will meet with the
NX4N and NO5W groups for pizza after Saturday night's session of FQP.
This evening after dark from K4BAI/M, I was able to work AD4RE in FL on
20 CW from several GA counties he needed.  At the same time, European
callers were quite strong.

KU8E, Jeff and I with the assistance of Jeff's two sons with driving and
navigation will be QRV on CW.  We are set up to QSY from 20, to 40, and
to 15 with just pushing one button.  Instant QSY between bands.  Don't
hesitate to ask us to do so or to let us know that another band is
open.  We will try to be QRV on each of the three bands from each
county.  So, do look for FL activity on 40 during the day as well as
after dark on Sat.

Join in the fun.  I'll try to post a half-time report Saturday night or
Sunday morning, but time will be short and I may give in to the
temptation to sleep a few minutes longer instead.

Have a good weekend!  73, John, K4BAI.