Version 4.05

Subject: Version 4.05
From: neader@centuryinter.net (Scott Neader)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:33:19 -0500
>Tree ...
>
>    As you probably have been told several times, the Public Domain
>Version 4.05 is *NOT* available on the TRLog Home page ... It's listed,
>but "...not there..." .... alas. I've touted the 4.05 to several folk
>to get 'em started es interested ... but no luck.
>
>de Pete, W6ZH

Sorry folks.  The file was never actually on the TR home page... it was
just a link.  I checked out the link today and, sure enough, it's gone!
Here is what the former site has to say about the missing file:

-----
SIMTEL mirror temporarily removed.

Due to space limitations, we have temporarily suspended our
mirroring of SimTel.  We have other extensive collection of
DOS/Windows/OS/2 files elsewhere in /systems/msdos, with
much repetition between SimTel and these sites.

In particular, the /systems/ibmpc/win3, winnt, and win95 directories
are mirrored from ftp.winsite.com and have large coverage.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may
cause.  - The Management
-----

So... as soon as I can find a new source for the program, I will either add
the working link or links to the TR web site (http://www.4w.com/ham/tr) or
maybe I'll just put the program on my server and be done with it!!  :-)

If any of you know of other sources for the freeware TR 4.05, let me know.

- Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - your source for low cost web page design and storage
Scott Neader - (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100   neader@centuryinter.net
Ham Radio web: http://4w.com/ham     La Crosse web: http://coulee.com/