IOTA have problem, want solution

Subject: IOTA have problem, want solution
From: tree@lady.blindchicken.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 13:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
> Maybe someone can help. We have bought N6TR for usage in the IOTA contest
> from SK7DX/P.
>
> I have been able to include a .dom file containing all the islands. This was
> included with the main purpose of being able to create a remaining mults
> display of multipliers of our choice. the idea was to have 2 or 3 different
> lists of remaining mults changed depending on propagation and what is
> worked. We found that we can have about 80 multipliers on each screen.
> However I ran into a problem. When including this dom file. every time I
> have a QSO the remaining mults window will scroll through the whole .dom
> file on the screen leaving the last entered ones.
> and the program does not use my remaining mults line at the end of the dom
> file.
>
> Is there anyone who have a simple solution to this ??
>
> I can not add a .dom file with only the multipliers I want displayed as then
> the logging window will not accept any iota-numbers other than the ones
> mentioned in the dom file.

I don't think there is a way to do what you are trying to do.  For domestic
mutlipliers, the list of remaining mults is defined to be the same as the
list of possible multipliers.  The REMAINING MULTS command that can appear
at the end of the .CTY files is not supported in the .DOM files.  I will
do some thinking about how to change the program to allow this operation.

> Second question. is it possible  to make a .dom file and have the island
> name show up in the multiplier information window instead of the iota
> reference? I have not found a way. I still want the Iota reference in the
> remaining mults window (not the name).

Again, this is something not currently possible with the program.

Tree N6TR