Using trlog on win95

Subject: Using trlog on win95
From: mattg@mail.kdcol.com (Matthew George)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 13:33:22 -0600
keying interface in LOG:

I have been using LOG with Windows 95 since Windows 95 was in Beta.  The =
only issue I had back then was a problem initializing the serial port =
when using the CW keying interface.  I was using the serial interface at =
the time and had to copy some data to the comm port before running LOG.  =
If I didn't do this, the serial keying interface wouldn't work.  I would =
simply copy my config.sys file (or some other text file) to the comm =
port: 'copy config.sys com1:' (at a DOS prompt in Windows 95) this would =
generate a 'error writting to device com1:'.  I would then abort the =
error and then run LOG and the keying problem was gone, everything =
worked great.

I think I posted an explanation of this problem to the list a number of =
months ago.  Maybe this will help someone else that may have experienced =
this problem since then.

Soon after this, I made a parallel keying interface and started using =
the parallel port to do my keying.  There were no side effects in =
Windows 95 when using the parallel interface. It worked great.  I think =
I remember having this same problem on a machine with the release =
version of Windows 95, so I don't think it was a problem with my =
machine.

Anyway, LOG works fine with Windows 95.

CUL

Max AB7GM