Repeating SprINT exchanges

Subject: Repeating SprINT exchanges
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
>I'm using TR V4.05 (public domain version).  What key strokes should I be using
>that will allow the whole exchange to be sent correctly a second time.  I've
>been using the enter key which sends the exchange and also enters the info into
>the log.  Once that's done if I hit the exchange key it changes to the next
>number and name.  Any thoughts?

This is true.  If you want to be able to repeat the exchange, you will either
need to use the F2 key to send the exchange and then hit RETURN to log the
QSO, or send it manually.

> I've noticed another irritation while running ver. 5.51.  If you mistakenly
> hit the space bar with a call in the S&P window, and that call is already
> in the log, the program flashes the message "dupe" and erases the window.
> This is a habit from using TRLog for other contests.
>
> Not wishing to lose the Q, I hit F1.  Now he is sending the exchange
> and I'm retyping his call from memory and trying to copy in my head.
> @#$%&!
>
> I thought I had all dupe checking disabled with the LOGCFG.DAT line
> "AUTO DUPE ENABLE = FALSE".

Well, if you press the SPACE BAR even with AUTO DUPE ENABLE FALSE, the
program is going to tell you if it is a dupe.  This is the "manual" dupe
check process and hence is immune to settings of the AUTO DUPE ENABLE
flag.

One change I did make for the SprINT was to have AUTO DUPE ENABLE affect
the operation of the program when in S&P and using RETURN to call a
station who's callsign is in the call window.  Before the SprINT this
would ignore the AUTO DUPE ENABLE status.  The next version of the program
will have two AUTO DUPE ENABLE flags, one for CQ mode and one for S&P
mode.

> Since Internet SprINT is steadily becoming a more popular contest,
> perhaps you could add it to the regular group of supported contests,
> and add a feature to just check the last N Qs.
>
> eg.  DUPE = TRUE default for regular contests checks entire log
>
>      DUPE = FOUR for SprINT (I want one extra Q to avoid cascading dupes)
>
>      DUPE = FALSE for the gung-ho hard-ass SprINTers

Hmmm, maybe, but I think it is always quicker to look up in the editable
log window to see if a guy is a dupe.  I almost never have the call typed
in before I call him.  I hit the SPACE BAR with no call in the call window
to start calling him and enter the S&P mode, then fill in his call while the
program is sending my call.  By the time you type in the call and hit
RETURN, I have finished sending my callsign and he is coming back to me.

I am almost done with the last new report for the CQ WW contest.  When
this is done, I will have a new release.  Hopefully that will happend
later tonight.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com