More 5.77 Idiosyncrasies

Subject: More 5.77 Idiosyncrasies
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave Henderson, (Nawvemburr Zeeero Dawg House))
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 09:27:02 -0700
OK Guys

As always it pays to play with each new release BEFORE the contest!!!! (being
for-warned is like
having four arms!)

If you try running TRLog 5.77 under WIN95 expect some surprises. In my case the
following were
noted.

1) The program talks to the radio (TS850) ok but the radio doesnt always talk
to the radio
meaning that if you manually change bands the program may not follow, if you
<ALT-V> or <ALT-B>
the radio will QSY.

2) If you enter a call which is not in TRMASTER.DTA the radio goes into
constant keydown mode a
RUN TIME ERROR message flashes in the exchange window and then the program
aborts. The radio
stays locked up in a keydown mode until you power down the PC. Unfortunately
Tree the program
aborts so quickly that I cant read the run time error message number.

Neither of the above problems occurs when running in the MSDOS mode (under 6.22
or 7.0).
I'm still playing with the WIN95 "switches" to see if I can over come the
problems from this end
under WIN95.

The following problems are noted with POST:

1)<U> <F> doesnt work (as was pointed out earlier you can get there via <U> <E>.
2)<U> <E> <E> <S> doesnt appear to work.
3)Twice when exiting and writing a new TRMASTER.DTA I got run time errors
(205?)(WIN95 related?).

As you say Tree WIN95 will probably drive us all crazy in the end! For now the
program seems to
be stable under DOS which is where I plan to run it on Saturday night, with a
backup copy of 5.76
sitting in the wings just in case !

Dave
N0DH