Sprint with v 5.80

Subject: Sprint with v 5.80
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 09:31:53 -0400
>>>Tony and Celia Becker said:
>
> A second minor problem occurred when I changed bands to 40m, and
>calls I knew were in the database produced no prior exchange
>information in the exchange field.

Yeah, I noticed this too.  It did not happen with every previous Q
though.  I don't know what the correlation is between when it was
filled in and when it wasn't.  I also noticed that if I had to edit
a call in the exchange window and the edit resulted in a dupe I was
not always told so!  I don't know if it always happened, but I
noticed relatively early in the sprint that it did and double <esc>'d
to clear the call before reentering it.  That worked consistently.
Once bitten twice shy.  I didn't remember to recreate it after the
contest, but it did happen and the call I edited to and the dupe
call were visibly identical.  Could a trailing space or invisible
control character infiltrated the edit?

I switched to 5.80 an hour before the contest.  I did a names file
export to ASCII and then an import to TRMASTER.DTA format.  Things
seemed to go well in this regard from the messages I got back, but
I did not get any name feedback from TR.  It is surprising how much
I missed that feature when it didn't work.  I didn't look into what
might have happened.

I had to remove some now obsolete modifiers from my LOGCFG.DAT to
get TR to run.  How about a message on the error line of the
logging screen stating something like "obsolete LOGCFG parameter
ignored"?

Nice to finally work you Tree...heard your numbers on 3.830...nice!

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><