Missing initial exchanges

Subject: Missing initial exchanges
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
One or two (three?) of you reported some problems with the initial
exchange memory during the sprint.  Some stations would have their
exchange remembered from band to band, but some didn't.  I haven't
been able to reproduce this problem (it worked perfect for me during
both sprints).

However, the symptom is consistent with exiting the program at some point
and then starting it back up again after editing the LOG.DAT file.

Is this a possibility?

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com

PS: I have enhanced the exchange parsing routine for the sprint
and made it much more powerful.  Entries like GA 34 JOE or
74 OR TREE should work the right way.  It is possible to get
the QTH and NAME mixed up, but you really have to try.  One
example is 34 TEX AL where the QTH is longer than the name
and in the wrong place and the name spells a real QTH.

Hopefully this will make headaches over sprint exchanges a memory.