TNC control

Subject: TNC control
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 09:28:03 -0400

Larry, etal;

This is not STRICTLY a TR question, but I think the expertise on this list is
up to it.

TRLog is the only packet terminal I have that I can get to fully work with my
KPC2. With other programs (EZP, Log-EQF, LogPlus) I have to set the terminal
parameters to 2400 7-none-1 to keep gibberish from being displayed.  This is
how I have the TNC programmed (that is my intent anyway).  I run with
hardware handshaking.

My problem then is that I can only make one connection...I will C ESSEX and
be connected, thereafter I am unable to have the TNC transmit anything else.
I cannot connect to the next node I need.

With TRLog I have to set EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT=TRUE for the TNC to function
properly.  But with this set I am able to use the TNC as normal.  What
exactly goes on when EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE?  The manual says 8-none-2,
but that setting yields gibberish on the other terminal programs.  I am happy
that TR works for me...I have yet to use packet in a contest...but I am
confused about what is going on.

Has anyone out there seen similar behavior at one time and solved it?

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics

PS. Larry, The implimentation of the #-1 feature is perfect...THANKS!!