FT1000 com

Subject: FT1000 com
From: WX0B-JTERLESKI@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Jay Terleski)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 14:33:05 -0600
K4XU@aol.com wrote:

> I arrived at K0KE 45 min before the contest start and did not have time to
> debug the interface with the FT-1000.  TR talked to it ok - love that r/l
> shift tuning! - but it would not talk to the program. Changing the band on
> the radio had no effect on the program.  Diddling with Yaesu timeout helped
> not. Also, after doing some antenna engineering during the contest a mode
> change on the radio resulted in a "non-ssb" mode on the screen which could
> not be reset without going out of the program and reworking the logcfg.dat
> file.
> It's all history now but I would like to know what I did wrong (besides
> missing WY).
> -Dick

Big Score Tree!  Congrats.

I had a the same problem with two radios,  Radio 1 IC781 would go to
nonssb, nonfm, nonam, etc when radio 2 FT1000 would always track to be
CW on all bands.

When on radio 1 I had to use the Alt-B to TR-Log to show the other band
and to let me put it manually into CW mode.  It seemed to Log correctly
but was a pain.  I ended up not using it.  Im still new with TR so I
accept - cockpit error as a valid responce but we neophiles need more
help with the setup process.

George, thanks for the sample logcfg.dat file you posed before the test
but it just didn't go far enouph.  I did all those things and still had
this problem.  I tried changing all kinds of things in the Alt-J menu
while consulting the manual for probable candidates of error.

Also I noticed while in S$P mode the send EXCH F3 function would send
the morse for "\" (or is it /) instead of my call letters.  I finaly
just typed my call in to fix it.

Just goes to show I need lots of practice, but I still am sold on the
program and the service that you provide to support it.

Jay, WX0B