Relay control port

Subject: Relay control port
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:15:09 -0800 (PST)
I failed to mention what the new relay control port is used for!

This is in response to the many requests for support of a relay to
switch between two transmitters.  If you use this to switch the
CW output and PTT output to your two rigs, you should be able to use
all of the two radio features of the program (just as if you were
using separate ports to each transmitter).

The big news however is that you can now switch your mic and footswitch
between rigs as well.  You might even be able to do some fun stuff with
the DVP on the second radio - although this hasn't been fully thought
out or tested.  I am just not sure how much of the two radio functionality
works with the DVP (yet).

Again, a high output (+5 volts) indicates rig one.  There is at least one
top ten single op station who says he will use the program in the SS
phone if this feature was added.

One aside - while testing this feature I discoverd my computer has a
problem some others have seen.  If I use LPT1 for the paddle input port,
my video gets all screwed up.  This is some kind of interaction between
the video board and LPT1 which I haven't ever figured out.  If I use
LPT2 for the paddle input (leaving LPT1 for my printer) there isn't
any problem.

Perhaps this is a universal problem and just most people use LPT2 and
never see it?  I do know that some computers (older ones?) do not have
this problem - so I will continue to support the paddle input on LPT1.

If someone has this problem, it means they need to spend $15 bucks for
a new parallel port - not a big deal.  However, if it shows up in a
laptop, it could be a bigger problem.  In all cases I have seen, disabling
the paddle input fixes the problem so you can still use it for
outputing CW and PTT.

Tree