Icom radios

Subject: Icom radios
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:10:50 -0800 (PST)
I have just discovered that when sending a mode command to the IC-781
it expects an extra bit selecting the IF passband width.

This doesn't seem to be a problem with any other radio except the
781.

It also appears I can add split operation for the 781 and 765.

I am always confused by all the model numbers from Icom.  I would
like to make a chart of which ones I need to worry about.  I find
the following listed in my interface manual - but I have to believe
these aren't all found in contest shacks:

IC-271
IC-471
IC-1271 (these three sounds like VHF/UHF radios?)

IC-751
IC-751A
IC-761
IC-R71

IC-735 (this one I have seen because N0AX sent me one)

IC-R7000 (I know - only a receiver)

IC-575
IC-275
IC-375A
IC-475
IC-1275

IC-781

IC-725
IC-726

IC-765 (This and the 761 seem to be used)

IC-970

IC-R72
IC-F7100 (more receivers).

Are there any others that I need to support (i.e. newer ones?).
If so, can someone summarize the software commands used to send mode and
frequency to the radio (Commands 05, 06 and maybe 0F for split).
I would also like to make a table of receiver addresses for them.

I have the addresses for the above radios and the Omni-VI.

Tree N6TR
n7tr@jzapp.com