LOCKUPS

Subject: LOCKUPS
From: wi0r@southwind.net (Troy Majors)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 09:38:28 -0600 (CST)
GG> I have had intermittent problems with TR locking up after entering
GG> certain calls. This usually happens in the heat of battle, altho no
GG> different this time, I did note the call entered: KH8AZ/T

It's happened a few times with me also -- noticed that it always
happens during some sort of editing of an already entered
callsign, using some combination of the "backspace" and "delete"
keys, and maybe some other key that I accidently hit.  Anyway,
it always results in the keyboard locking up on that particular
callsign that was edited -- i.e., an error message about
incorrect syntax sometimes (maybe always) appears and you can't
log that callsign no matter what further editing you do and no
matter what exchange you enter -- solution is to erase the whole
entry by hitting "escape" and re-enter correct callsign and then
it works fine.

Troy WI0R
wi0r@southwind.net

---