TR/Sprint Question

Subject: TR/Sprint Question
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 01:06:44 -0800
At 04:38 AM 2/10/97 +0000, Lee Hiers, AA4GA wrote:
>For probably about 95% of my sprint operating, I go from S&P to CQ to
>S&P to CQ to S&P to CQ....
>
>The program will automatically change from S&P mode to CQ mode, but
>not back again to S&P.  Could an option be put in to allow this?  Are
>others interested?

I agree wholeheartedly.  Hopefully, this is another parameter that could
 be set from the LOGCFG.DAT file.

Ran into an interesting anomaly during the Sprint - nothing wrong with TR,
but...

I got to the shack very late, and as a result didn't reboot my PC from WIN
3.1 configuration, which involves EMM386, Smartdrive, and a CD-ROM driver.
Started TR and was going along fine, until one QSO in CQ mode when the CW
sent the expected exchange, "88", and another fragment of exchange, then
froze with the cursor at a random position on the screen (not in any field).
I rebooted and ran the remaining 230 or so QSOs with no problems and no
recurrence.

I wouldn't even mention this, except that I heard someone else ... N6?? ..
have the same exact problem on the air, which suggests that there may be
some recurrent conflict between TR and these Windows-related device drivers.
I think the moral is clear -   Always reboot in a clean configuration before
running TR.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com
West (bigawd) Virginia