TR/Sprint Question

Subject: TR/Sprint Question
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:53:59 -0800
At 02:31 PM 2/10/97 +0000, Bruce Sawyer wrote:

>>I wouldn't even mention this, except that I heard someone else ... N6?? ..
>>have the same exact problem on the air, which suggests that there may be
>>some recurrent conflict between TR and these Windows-related device drivers.
>

>Yes!  That was me, and it just blew my mind!  It was really weird...after it
>finished sending the exchange, it sent "88" and then all kinds of gibberish.
>This happened to me three different times, and the only thing I could do was
>reboot the computer.  I could not get control of TR, nor could I abort it.
>I hate to tell you, but I was in a clean configuration and not running out
>of a DOS box.  For what it's worth, this was version 5.96.
>
>Bruce, N6NT

Hi Bruce et al -- I don't think my message was clear -- I wasn't in a DOS
window, but rather running TR right after exiting Windows.  So I was in real
DOS, but with the miscellaneous device drivers still loaded, because I
hadn't rebooted to a really clean configuration.

When I run TR properly, I use the menu function in 6.22 and set up a
configuration that doesn't use Smartdrive or EMM386 - in fact, nothing added
at all!  Once I rebooted to that setup Saturday, I had no further problems.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com
West (bigawd) Virginia