Managing TR Files

Subject: Managing TR Files
From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:01:50 -0600
Everyone has a different way of organizing files on their system,
but I thought I'd share how I handle TR's array of files.

I make the following directories, and use them as follows:

\TR             The "Master" TR root level directory.

\TR\CONFIGS     Where I store all of my LOGCFG.DAT files
                (I name them accordingly, e.g. SPRINT.CFG)

\TR\DXB         Utilities to import TR-LOG contest logs into
                my general-purpose logging & awards SW, DXBase

\TR\TR-LOG      Where I store the 3 to 5 most recent versions of
                the TR-Log (uninstalled) program.  e.g. ALL598.ZIP

\TR\MANUAL      Here is where I store the lastest release notes for
                TR-Log. (e.g. NOT598.TXT)  I also keep the latest
                TR-Log User Manual, in MS Word for Windows format
                (e.g. MAN598.DOC) in this directory.

\TR\NAMES       Backup and sorted ASCII versions of TRMASTER.DTA
                files are kept here.

\LOG            This is where I install the latest version of
                TR-Log (it is the default install location.)

This helps me to keep it all straight.  Hope this is useful for
someone.

-Kirk  K4RO