[TRLog] Re: 2 ICOMs on one ser. port?

Subject: [TRLog] Re: 2 ICOMs on one ser. port?
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:09:57 -0600
>> Is it possible to run two (or more icom) radios on one ser port like
>> that? If so, what has to be done/configured?
>
>No, this has not been implemented - you need to use two serial ports.
>
>Tree N6TR

The CI-V device that Icom sells has the capability of controlling up to four
radios from one COM port if each radio has a different address. This seems
like a good idea, but today no contest programs that I know of use this feature.

Any possibility that TR Log might add this capability in the future? It
would be an efficient use of the computer's COM port resources. Then you
could use the other COM ports for networking and all that other fancy
switching stuff.

73, Richard
K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na