[TRLog] BARC and kids contest

Subject: [TRLog] BARC and kids contest
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
The Boring Amateur Radio Club (aka K7RAT) is sponsoring the next kids
day contest which is based on the SquINT contest.  The rules will be
in QST!

The club has decided to pay for all certificates and even tee shirts
for the kids who participate.  Our goal is to send them out to the
kids who participated within a couple weeks of the contest.  What better
way to encourage their friends to try the next one than to see their
cool shirt.

We are funding this by having a limited supply of them available at
Dayton.  The tee shirts are high quality Haines with various colors
with the club mascot on both sides.  They will be available at the
TR Log booth 424.  We have XL size for the overweight dads, and then
3 sizes for kids.  The small size is great for 4 to 7 year olds (my
4 and 6 year old have booth pronounced them "cool").  I know you will
want one to take home to your kid as a present from Dayton.

So, come to the booth, buy a couple of shirts and help support the
kids contest.

73 Bert K7RAT
k7rat@jzap.com
~