[TRLog] Thinking out loud

Subject: [TRLog] Thinking out loud
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Thomas M. Delker)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 00:44:52 -0500
1. I support Bill R's request about being able to see more of the
previous log and edit capability.

A very simple FD program that we have used over the years allows you to
view and edit/delete a DUPE entry.  WHen you hit a dupe, it flashes the
previous occurrence on the band/mode so you can see the original
contact.  It then flashes a small box with (e)dit/(d)elete.  This also
serves as a neet way to edit the log file without fear of really
trashing the log file, as it allows edit of only the line you have
chosen with the callsign.  Of course you have to keep up with the dupe
indexes in case you change the actual callsign.

2. I also think the logging of frequency is a great idea.
3. To top it off, entries for operator and logger per entry are helpful,
or at least editable data fields showing current op/logger on screen and
when changed, just put a comment line in the log automatically.  This
would eliminate the need to change the data fields (except for frequency
addition listed above).