[TRLog] UNCLE!!

Subject: [TRLog] UNCLE!!
From: n9br@mc.net (BillR)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:42:02 -0000
Much deleted
> As far as editing QSOs beyond the last five, this is one of the prices
> paid for using an ASCII file.  Unless I keep the file in memory and
> rewrite the whole file after every QSO (which would force me to use
> a binary file because you can write a binary file much faster), we
> are going to have to live with it.  I still believe that this isn't
> something you should be doing very often - and you can still exit the
> program, make your changes and then restart.  Perhaps I can reduce
> the cost of restarting by saving the band map somewhere.

Could u possibly make a key stroke that would save the band map as
you describe and then automatically put you in the proper editor to
 modify the log ? Easy up down thru the log with the arrow keys and
auto save changes when you exit (possibly with the same keys stroke
that took u to edit)  back to the logging program would be nice.
Fast would also be important as this would most likely  see
action during a contest. I think quite a few (or maybe I'm the only
one that makes logging mistakes Hi Hi) have resorted to the alt-n
or the jot it down stuff to make changes later. I think fixing an entry
during the contest while everthing is fresh is better. Having to exit to
dos, run an editor, open a file, change it , save it, exit the editor, and
then run tr again to make  a modification is too complicated and
very slow. A quick easy alt-e type toggle to an editor would be slick.

Much more old stuff deleted....

How did this idea get bumped to 19th ? Hi Hi...
> 19. Band map saved to a file (separate from RESTART.BIN).
> 20. Simple keystoke to get to end of long with Control-L.
> 21. More multi-multi stuff (long list).
>
> Tree
                    Thanks for the constant improvements....73 Bill N9BR