[TRLog] DOS 7 / win 95 printing

Subject: [TRLog] DOS 7 / win 95 printing
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 19:16:21 -0500 (CDT)
Jay Townsend writes:

>george fremin iii wrote:
>
>> copy <filename> lpt1:
>
>Here's a far easier way GeoIII and it won't make you often use a Form Feed
>like copy does.....especially in dos.
>
>copy from your Win95 CD.  e:\other\oldmsdos\print.exe to
>c:\windows\command\print.exe

>There are a bunch of other "old dos" things over there as well. However,
>some versions of Win95 don't have them. If not then copy from dos 6.2
>print.exe and use setver to change the version attributes.
>
>This will also use the spooler.
>
>--
>Jay Townsend, WS7I  < jayt@iea.com >

Thanks Jay,

You know, after I posted that message I just knew there was
a "better" way to do it - I was prompted to look this up
because a CT user was asking me how to print his logs on
his WIN95 system.  (See our support is REALLY good!).

Another useful "old dos" file is all of the EMM memory
support files so that when you boot to DOS you will be able
to free up some memory by loading DOS in high memory and such.

Gee...... I guess I need to work on that FAQ.  :-)

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."