[TRLog] FD Feedback

Subject: [TRLog] FD Feedback
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 08:43:10 -0700 (PDT)
Had a bunch of non-TRee-heads learn TR at FD.  They got it pretty quick
(and even liked it) except for:

Mode-switching:  As long as they knew they could mash ESC a bunch of times
to get back to CQ mode, we didn't have any serious panics.  I know that
one can make the windows change color and there's that perfectly clear
message right below the exchange window, but one is so focussed on
operating that the old S&P just sorta sneaks up and grabs you when you
least expect it.  Could there be a S&P MODE INVERSE VIDEO enable/disable
to really throw the display into an unmistakable format when doing mode
changes? (As opposed to editing all the window colors, etc.)

Editing:  Use cursor keys...they all had trouble with
Alt-E/Wordstar/ESC in the heat of battle.  Besides, the doggone Alt key is
in a different spot on the keyboards.

My ENTER key is flaky...can there be a FIX BUSTED HARDWARE command?

Seriously, more good vibes about how quickly the core operation of TR
could be learned.  Several comments about "I've got to get that program",
etc.

73, Ward N0AX