[TRLog] Names.asc Vanity update

Subject: [TRLog] Names.asc Vanity update
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:56:32 -0500 (CDT)
Wayne Day writes:

>For those of us who haven't generated a TRMASTER.DTA file of our own,
>is there one posted somewhere that we could use as an example, or starting
>point?  This question was asked a couple of weeks ago by a DX station, and
>I don't think I ever saw anyone answer him (since I'm in the same boat, I'm
>also interested in the answer).

Well the answer to this question depends on what you want
the TRMASTER.DTA file to be.

I think the best way to build up your TRMASTER.DTA file is
from your own logs.  These can by ANY ascii log files
that you have.

You can also use the MASTER.DTA file that AD1C has been keeping
up to date for the CT program.  This file of course only
contains callsigns and the TRMASTER.DTA file is *much* more
powerful since it can contain all sorts of information
about a station.

You can find the MASTER.DTA file at www.jzap.com -- I am
not sure of the directory.  I will try to go look for it.

You can also import the names.asc file that comes on the
disk that I send out with each copy of TR-Log - this file
has callsigns and names.   It is a bit dated but it does have
7000 calls and names.  This file can also be found on the
TR-Log BBS.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."