[TRLog] Hand vs Computer - Some analisys (fwd)

Subject: [TRLog] Hand vs Computer - Some analisys (fwd)
From: k4lta@user.icx.net (Bill OKain)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 21:40:55 -0400 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:28:01 -0400 (EST)
From: Bill OKain <k4lta@user.icx.net>
To: Vic_Goncharsky <Vic_Goncharsky@p180.f10.n462.z2.fido.ccrd1.lviv.ua>
Cc: "trlog@contesting.com"
     <trlog%contesting.com@f10.n462.z2.fido.ccrd1.lviv.ua>
Subject: Re: [TRLog] Hand vs Computer - Some analisys

Vic, thanks for your most interesting message.  I would like to cast my
vote in favor of computer logging for the following reasons:
1.  I don't think you mentioned cross-check logs or dup sheets.  This is
one place the computer can save time and be more accurate.
2.  I have done computer logging for about 10 years, but only started
using a c.w. port about a year ago.  This really makes the computer
easier, improves sending, etc.
3.  Some of our handwriting is not easy to read when done in the heat of
battle.  Have you ever edited Field Day logs with about a dozen different
handwritten logs?
In summary, I guess it is whatever a person enjoys, as we are supposed to
be having fun.  I guess it won't be too many years until we have a contest
where everyone handwrites their log, much like we have the contest with
homebrew equipment now.  I would hate to be on the contest committee
responsible for checking the logs.
73 de Bill k4lta