[TRLog] Contesting Problems

Subject: [TRLog] Contesting Problems
From: bojan.dremelj1@siol.net (Bojan Dremelj)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:29:05 +0200
To je sporoèilo iz veè delov v MIME obliki zapisa.

------=_NextPart_000_01BCA1E6.99DA45A0

------=_NextPart_000_01BCA1E6.99DA45A0

Hi Jason,

>Hello,
>  I have been testing out TR to see how it would work in NAQP.  I will
>start to enter several calls in and all the sudden you can't see what
>you're typing in.  I can hit enter at the end of the QSO but I still =
can't
>see what I'm typing in.   It will stay that way for several QSO's and =
then
>you can see what I'm typing.  Whenever you can't see what you're =
typing,
>you also cannot see what is in the logging window that is yet to be =
added
>to the log.dat file. =20
>  Whenever I type in a name whenever it is doing this, it will delete =
the
>first letter of it.  Whenever things come back into view, all of my =
names
>are missing the first letter. =20
>
>  That is my first problem.  The second one probably stems from that
>problem.  I will be going along and every 30 or 40 QSO's it will give =
me a
>C:\\ .  Whenever I type "TR" in the space, it locks up and I have to =
reboot
>the computer which takes about 3 minutes becuase I have to go to DOS =
from
>Windows 95. =20
>  Does anyone know what is wrong with this and how to fix this problem? =
>am using version 6.05.
>
>73, Jason N5NU =20
>
>n5nu@inu.net
>N5NU Homepage
>http://www.inu.net/n5nu/

Sorry for being late with response, as Tree still explained that the =
culprit
for the first problem You mentioned is very probably bad TRMASTER file.
I experienced almost the same thing in ARRL DX Contest (simulator mode).
When I entered certain calls (actually, calls from 8th and 9th area), =
there
dissapeared editable window, last two letters in the Call Window, Time
Field, whole Exchange Window and last four lines of the screen (Menu =
Window,=20
Partial Calls Window, etc). However, software accepted what I typed in
(but were no seen on the screen) and accepted QSO when pressed Enter.=20
I even got back anything else than the time field and could continue =
unless=20
next '8' or '9' appeared in the callsign.  After some time, computer =
hunged=20
up with run time error message 100 (disk read error).  After rebooting=20
computer, I tried first to fix problem by reinstalling .OVR files,=20
(without success), and found two chains lost with DOS CHKDSK command.=20
Changed them into files and found that they 'belongs' to TRMASTER.DTA =
file,=20
which were *smaller* than before last update.  After reinstalling backup =

copy, anything worked OK, so did`t alarmed Tree for 'bug in the new =
release', :-)

Another problem happened (only once) during Auto-CQ mode in IARU =
contest.=20
I run Auto CQ very rarely, mostly when I try to eat some sandwiches (HI) =
=20
during the pile up.  Someone answered me, I begun to enter his call and=20
found first letter of the call is missing.  Pressed 'Home' to enter it,
but cursor stucked at lower right corner of the Band Map, and when I =
tried
to finish contact by paddle, I could send only dits and computer hung =
up.=20
After that, I simply avoid to use Auto CQ feature (pressing Enter for=20
CQing keeps me awake during nite hours, :-) )...

In Multi Op setup at S50D in IOTA contest, I set AUTO DUPE CQ up to TRUE
(otherwise, I`m alway setting it to FALSE).  At 1100 QSO level, when =
dupe=20
came back, software didn't send QSO B4 message unless I pressed Enter, =
and
there came continuos beep from computer`s speaker.  Again, I rebooted PC
and set AUTO CQ back to FALSE.  There were 46 kB of free memory =
available=20
before rebooting, and almost twice more (90 kB) after rebooting.  Do not
believe there came to problems with the memory manager, but after the=20
contest I ran MEMMAKER to made more conventional memory available. =20

I do not believe these two problems I mentioned above have any relations =

with the software itself, but learned me not to use too large LOGCFG.DAT =

file (one of my bad habits), :-)

73, Mirko, S57AD

------=_NextPart_000_01BCA1E6.99DA45A0--