[TRLog] RIT control on Yaesu FT1000MP

Subject: [TRLog] RIT control on Yaesu FT1000MP
From: ny4i@hotmail.com (Tom Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:53:33 PDT
Hi All,

I have a question concerning RIT control on an FT1000MP. I was told that
the option to adjust the RIT with the shift keys did not work on Yaesu
radios, just Kenwood. So, I tried it and sure enough I could not adjust
the RIT. I could clear it by hitting both keys, but not adjust it. I
checked the command set for the RIT and there is a command to adjust the
RIT in the command set. There is also one to interrogate the value.
Since I can clear the RIT, I figured there was no additional option
required to control this feature. Could this be a simple case of the
command string for adjusting the RIT being implemented in this radio in
the program. I am going to use a simple program to send the commands the
manual suggests just to ensure it really should work, but if someone
could tell me if the program even attempts this on an FT1000MP, that
would be great.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all this weekend,

Tom NY4I in Utah