[TRLog] Typical lid CT user

Subject: [TRLog] Typical lid CT user
From: hlserra@pwa.acusd.edu (H. L. Serra)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:57:39 -0700 (PDT)
OK George. Plenty long. I guess I didn't read my TR manual carefully
enough. I thought TR set my OMNI's adjustable internal PTT timing circuits
through the total CPU interface on the OMNI, but you're telling me TR
simply keys a second outboard keying circuit to do the PTT pre-start and
delays.

Soooo... I need a second keying line and second set of keying transistors
in order to have the TR "PTT ENABLE" feature work. Correct?

Couldn't TR simply send the PTT pre-start and delay commands to the OMNI
CPU (via the OMNI VI [ICOM] command set) and have the OMNI do the PTT
timing and keying work internally as it is designed to do, without RFI
problems? That sounds like a more elegant solution, and requires no
additional hardware or lines which can bring RFI to the computer and foul
up TR. What say, Tree?
73, Larry N6NC