[TRLog] Wish list suggestions

Subject: [TRLog] Wish list suggestions
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
Kevin Schmidt writes:

>include that. However, another possibility could be something like
>typing q=tex or n=tex to indicate what the correction is for.
>That is if the exchange is name qth, you could type
>tom ok n=tex  --- which would change the name from tom to tex
>tom ok q=tex  --- which would change the qth from ok to tex
>q=ok n=tex --- which would let you enter the fields out of order.

I like this idea.

>2. Sometimes I log a contact and see immediately that I have typed
>the wrong info. I find editing the 5 line log clumsy. Solutions are:

If the error is bad enough - here is what I find faster/better:
Delete the last QSO with ALT-Y
Do a CTL-R to recall the last callsign.
Relog the QSO - on CW you can enter the info using CTL-ENTER
so that the CW is not sent.

Of course in the SS - it is hard to recall all the info - so the
the other thing that I do is:

Log the QSO again correctly - and then go into
the edit window and do a CTL-Y to delete the
incorrect QSO line.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."