[TRLog] BBS down

Subject: [TRLog] BBS down
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
Some of you have complained about the BBS not working very well.  I
think I now understand why.

This morning, I was trying to work the VK9 on 160, and often use the BBS
computer on the internet to connect to the megacluster.  I was having
some very bad connections to my local ISP and finally hooked up a phone
to the line to listen to it.

It was VERY noisy - and had gotten to the point where it was not even
functioning (off hook even if I hand up).  It appears there is water in
the line somewhere.

After I went back to bed - a car pulled up (this is at 4 AM).  Turns
out the local sherrif had a call to investigate an incomplete 911
(emergency) call.  I guess somehow the line dialed up 911.

So, I will call the phone company to get this resolved.  I will leave the
BBS on in case it gets cleared up (I am out of town for the next 4 days).

Once this gets fixed, I hope those of you who were having problems will
be able to connect okay.  I will make a post when it is resolved.  Until
then, it will probably not be usable.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com