[TRLog] PA QSO PARTY files

Subject: [TRLog] PA QSO PARTY files
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:31:06 -0400
--=====================_876511866==_

At 12:20 AM 10/10/97 -0700, Ken Keeler N6RO wrote:
>Seems like someone recently had some ideas on setting up TRLog for the PA
>QSO Party, but I can't find the post. Nothing about TR on the PAQP website.
>  Multiplier file would be most useful, and any ideas for the CONTEST=? and
>the oddball QSO points?  Thanks, 73, Ken

About the only thing you can do about the 1.5 point CW QSOs is score them
after the contest on your summary sheet. (Remember 160 & 80 m CW are 2
points, but higher bands are 1.5 CW. All phone Q's are 1 pt.)

The easy way to get this information is to use the POST program's Log
Procedures/Seperate Log By Band and Mode feature to generate a seperate log
file for each band/mode. If you answer the prompts right as you go through
it, all the totals for each band/mode will be at the bottom of the last page
of each log, ready to put into a summary sheet. Just multiply by the
appropriate point multiple, 2, 1.5 or 1. PA Counties only count once,
regardless of band/mode, so the overall multiplier total works there.

Here is an excerpt of a logcfg.dat file:

MY CALL = AE2T
CONTEST = CAL QSO PARTY
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR

CONTEST NAME = PA QSO PARTY
DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = DOMESTIC FILE
DOMESTIC QTH DATA FILENAME = PACTY.DOM
EXCHANGE RECEIVED = QSO NUMBER DOMESTIC QTH
QSO POINT METHOD = ONE POINT PER QSO

You could use ONE PHONE TWO CW as your QSO POINT METHOD. It would give a
better idea of your score during the contest, but really doesn't matter, as
you will refigure them afterwards.

Be sure the DOMESTIC QTH DATA FILENAME reflects the name of your .dom for PA
Counties. The one posted here in another message is good and I am attaching
another one I worked up. Just put it in your /LOG directory.

I am also attaching a .dom file, PAQINPA.DOM, for use by stations in PA,
which includes ARRL sections, PA counties and "DX" (1 mult for DX) according
to the rules. I spent quite some time fine-tuning these. I was planning on
going to PA for the contest, up until a few days ago, but plans didn't work
out. I'll be on from here in WNY instead.

Have fun!

73

Al AE2T

--=====================_876511866==_

PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES

ADAms = AD
ALLeg = AL
ARMstr = AR

BEAver = BEA
BEDfrd = BED
BERks = BER
BLAir = BL
BRAdfd = BR
BUXs = BUX, BUC
BUTler = BUT

CMBria = CAMB, CM
CamRoN = CAME, CR
CARbon = CAR
CENtre = CE, CT
CHEstr = CHE
CLArn = CLA
CLErfd = CLEA, CLR
CLIntn = CLI
COLumb = CO
CRAwfd = CR
CUMbld = CU

DAUphn = DA
DelCO = DE, DC

ELK = EL
ERIe = ER

FAYete = FA
FORest = FO
FRAkln = FR
FULton = FU

GReeNe = G

HUNtgn = H

INNdco = I

JEFrsn = JE
JUNiat = JU

LACwna = LAC
LAWrnc = LAW
LEBnon = LEB
LEHigh = LEH
LUZrne = LU
LYComg = LY

MCKean = MC
MERcer = ME
MIFlin = MI
MOnroE = MONR, MNR, MOE
MntGY = MTGY, MONTG, MGY, MNTG
MonTuR = MONTO, MNTR, MTR

NHAmpt = NORTHA, NH
NUMbld = NORTHU, NU

PERry = PE
PHIla = PH
PIKe = PI
POTter = PO

SCHlkl = SC
SNYder = SN
SOMrst = SO
SULivn = SUL
SUSqna = SUS

TIOga = T

UNIon = U

VENngo = V

WARsaw = WAR
WAShtn = WAS
WAYne = WAY
WESmld = WE, WM
WYOmg = WY

YORk = Y

--=====================_876511866==_

ARRL SECTIONS plus PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES for PA QSO PARTY IN PA

Ab = AB, ALB, ALT, VE6
Ak = AK, ALK, ALAS, KL
Al = AL
Ar = AR