[TRLog] TR hangs while logging.

Subject: [TRLog] TR hangs while logging.
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:12:23
At 05:10 AM 10/27/97 -0500, Wagner wrote:
>I used TR for the first time during CQWW SSB this weekend.
>Much nicer to use than CT, but I was plagued with one major
>problem.  While making about 400 contacts, my computer
>hung about a dozen times.
>
>I have Windows 95 loaded on my machine, and I select the
>command prompt option while booting up. (I have it display
>the boot options menu.)  When I start TR, I have about 140k
>to.   The hangs always occur when finishing a QSO.  I.e. the
>exchange is filled in(automatically) and the keyboard locks.
>
>Could it be RF? Too many packet spots?  Need to run
>DOS 6.1?

I had the same problem running DOS 6.2 on my 486DX/33.  I think it is
related to having a packet spot arrive while inputting log data from the
keyboard and/or writing a QSO to disk (after hitting ENTER).  Seems as if
the spots and the keyboard input were colliding.

Other hiccup noted was that the prompt to enter frequency of a station (my
xcvr is not interfaceable, if that's a word) came up every time I tried to
dupe a station that was, in fact, a dupe -- is this by design?  Can it be
turned off?  I also noted that it seemed to turn itself off sometimes.
Something odd, but couldn't isolate it because of frequent reboots.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"