[TRLog] SS - scary start

Subject: [TRLog] SS - scary start
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O. Hachadorian)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:05:46 EST
Before the contest started, I had the bright(?) idea to put the
following statement into logcfg.dat:

INITIAL EXCHANGE CURSOR POSITION = AT START

Since I have a good trmaster.dta, I figured that after
typing the guy's number and precedence, the cursor would then
be in a convenient position to make any changes required to
the check and section brought up from the database. I tested it
with some sample exchanges, and it seemed to work fine.

Well, 2100Z rolled around, and my first qso was W5TFB, and
the program brought up 51 STx just fine from the database.
I then typed in his 1 Q, but when I hit the enter key to
log the QSO, W5TFB was ERASED from the call window, and
1Q51STx appeared in BOTH windows. The message PLEASE FIX
EXCHANGE was displayed, and the contact could not be logged.

Fortunately I guessed right away that the new logcfg statement
was the problem, and it caused only a brief delay. It was
quite a shock, though.

It looks like the problem occurs with any single-digit serial
number. Naturally, when I checked it out before the contest, I
used two-digit numbers. I was using v6.15.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
K6LL@juno.com
Yuma, AZ