[TRLog] TRLog Suggestions

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog Suggestions
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:29:36 -0600 (CST)
Dale Martin writes:
>I have a couple of comments:

>It seems to me that if TRLog can detect and display the frequency, it
>might be able to detect a frequency change or movement and switch to
>S&P automatically.  Except for a big-gun station moving to another CQ
>frequency, would switching automatically to S&P on VFO movement
>cause problems?
>
>Maybe it could be an optional thing that could be enabled from the
>command menu.

It is already there - it was added a few versions ago.
AUTO S&P ENABLE = TRUE
It is in the Control-J menu.

>2.  When I wanted to take some off time, I tried using /OFF and /ON
>in the command lines.  /OFF (didn't hit return) did nothing.  /ON <return>
>when I got back on caused TRLog to "/ON (exchange)"

It is the other slash \off and \on

>Where in the log columns do the off/on times show up?  I manually
>inserted them after the section column.

They show up as notes.

>4.  When I did take an off-time, I would exit TRLog and shut down the
>computer completely.   When I booted TRLog back up, I found that
>some of the commands I had changed had changed back to their
>defaults (decrement QSO number on repeat, sidetone frequency = 0,
>and a couple of others).  This was kind of distracting.  During slow
>CQ'ing QSO rate periods (<60, >30 an hour), I would read the manual.
>I tried ALT-W after making a command change, but everytime I reloaded
>TRLog it seemed I had to change the above two commands, at least,
>each time.).

You have to do the ALT-W while you are still on the
highlighted command.  Or you can do an ALT-G and
save all the changes you made during your time in
the Control-J menu.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.                 "Eight is enough."