[TRLog] ARRL suggested format?

Subject: [TRLog] ARRL suggested format?
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 11:44:24 GMT
>On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 06:06:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Sweepstakes: The rules state that paper logs must clearly show on/off times.
>However, to submit electronically, in the "suggested ARRL format", the
>conversion removes all indications of on/off times. Do I have to insert a
>column indicating such times before submitting or does the ARRL computer
>compute this itself?

I missed that. I submitted the disk and no ON OFF times. I did not in
any way accumulate the maximum time even if they use the first time in
my log to the last so it may not matter. If they assume no off times I
still am under the limit. I wold like this cleared up though. I think
an automatic ON/OFF indication would be a very nice upgrade. A line in
logcfg.dat could give the minimum time for an off for instance and
then it could compute and add the times. On the other hand this is not
high on my priority list. The highest is making it work correctly with
my TS870.

--
Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html